Preparing your pet for Winter
With the winter now in full force, we all need to pay attention to the temperature outside and how these dangerous conditions may affect the safety of our pets. If your pet is kept outdoors during this time of year, there are some important things that your pet needs to have in order to stay safe. The following are some pointers for winter pet safety:
1. Proper shelter from the cold temperatures – Dogs need to maintain a body temperature of about 102°F. If your pet is in the cold too long, he or she could suffer from hypothermia.
2. Heated water supply – With the cold weather, regular water bowls can freeze very quickly. Without proper water supply your dog can become dehydrated.
3. A good supply of food – When your dog is in the cold, make sure that there is plenty of food for them to eat. When an animal is trying to keep warm, the body will burn more calories than usual.
4. Plenty of inside time – If your dog usually lives outside, or in an unheated building, bring your dog inside for the night is sometimes the safest place.
5. Plenty of love! – On a cold day a little extra cuddles goes a long way.
This is a good one for any time of the year.
We need your support to continue helping animals in need
Dog Gone Rescue Spay & Neuter Fund
We started our Dog Gone Rescue Spay & Neuter Fund to help low income families in need get their pets spay and neutered. This will help these beloved pets stay healthy, as well as help control the pet population. The only requirement we have is that you get your pet current on shots.
Getting your pet fixed can help with behavioral, house training & aggression issues. It also reduces your pet's risk of getting cancer. The ideal age to get your cat or dog spayed or neutered is 6 months of age.
How to Apply: Click on the tab above that says: Spay & Neuter Application. Complete the online form, then click on submit. We will try to get back to you regarding your status within 24-48 hours.
If would like to donate to our Dog Gone Spay & Neuter Fund, please click on the Donate button, thank you!
We use CBD oil for some of our rescue dogs that have anxiety and our senior dogs having joint issues...we do notice a difference! There are no side effects as it's completely natural! We definitely recommend our adopters and animal lovers keep their pets having health and/or behavioral issue on a regiment of Honest Paws CBD Oil products. Check out their website!
Need an ID Tag for your dog? Check these out, very cute!
35% of your purchase will go to
Dog Gone Rescue!